If you are tired of the default boot screen in Windows Vista, there is a better looking one hidden away:
1) Press the Windows button, type msconfig and press Enter.
2) If User Account Control prompts you to allow the action, click on Continue.
3) In the “System Configuration” window, click on the Boot tab.
4) Select your Windows Vista installation and under “Boot options”, check “No GUI boot”.
5) In the dialog that appears, check “Don’t show this message again”, and then click on Restart.
6) Your computer will now reboot, and you will see the Aurora boot screen with text that says “Starting Windows Vista”.