●Download and install all of the free tools listed above. ●Go to a site (such as Youtube, MySpace…). ●Search and find a video you would like to keep. ●Follow the instructions below.
● Click the VideoDownloader Button in the lower
right-hand corner of your Firefox Browser window.
● A window will pop-up. Click the button that says
● Click ‘Save to Disk’ and then click ‘OK‘ in the ‘Downloads‘ window.
● NOTE: If the file you download does not have
the extension .flv, then rename the file (F2) and
end the name with .flv.
● You can stop here if you have a .flv compatible player. If you
want to play the file in a media player or play in your DVD player,
you will need to convert it.
● Start up MediaCoder.
● Drag and Drop the .flv file(s) into the large white
area, or click ‘file’, then ‘add file’.
● Click the ‘Video‘ tab in the lower left-hand section on the window and select the codec you wish the converted file to be formatted as in the ‘Format‘ drop-down menu.
● Click the large ‘Start‘ button (third from the right
at the top of the window) to begin transcoding the video(s).
● Once a window pops up saying that the transcoding has completed, then you are done!
● Now that you have the videos in .AVI format,
you can use Nero, or some other DVD video burning
program to burn these videos onto a DVD so you can
watch them on any standard DVD player!
● FLV Player (eliminates need to convert)
Easily save and convert videos that play in Internet Explorer or Firefox.
:: Links :: ● Leechvideo (for IE and Firefox) ● FLV Player (eliminates need to convert) Instructions ● IE: Just hover your mouse over the currently playing video and click on the LeechVideo icon on the video to open the ‘save as’ dialog .● FIREFOX: click blue “v” in lower right hand corner.
● You can choose to save the video in iPod format (.mov), PSP format (.mp4) or ‘none’ format and the software will do the rest.
● Click ‘browser’ to search for a ‘save directory’ where you want the converted file to be saved. ● To make it easier to find the file, you can rename the file. ● Click ‘download!’ to automatically download the file and convert it. ● A pop-up will appear informing you the file has been converted. Click ‘ok’ and click ‘close’.